Thursday, March 15, 2012

UFO #2 - February

Yes.  I know.  There is no finished UFO #1.  YET.

BUT - by April I will have completed 4 UFO's.  Really.

Today, however, I am going to show my February finish.




This is a small wallhanging I started with my Mom at the Library.  A lady came to show us a WAY to make these stars using foundation material.  She had fat quarters for sale that day, and we purchased the fabrics for the star.  And set to learning the technique.

It was so long ago, I am sure I could not tell you how to make this block!!

Along the way, I found the setting fabric.

Then some backing fabric.

And, finished it on Tuesday!!







I used metallic gold thread to quilt it - and it makes the BACK look amazing.



 I was a little concerned about the binding. I did not have any fabric that matched the last border.  When you wait so long to finish projects - well - it's next to impossible to find OLD fabric.  So.  I had to make due.  I did not double the binding fabric - and was able to make this very tiny binding.

I like it a lot.
FINISHED! too late to be linked with the 2012 UFO Challenge for March over at
  "Patchwork Times", but I will add this (and all my other completions)
when then next linky party opens at the end of March.

2012-UFO

Now I can't wait until Christmas!!


CathyH

1 comment: