Sunday, March 18, 2012

New Feature - Coming Soon

You may have noticed on my profile, that I am a retired homeschooler - and that I teach math.  I like math.  I like to see how math works in everyday life.  I like for KIDS to see some reason to work on their math schoolwork.  I think kids should LIKE to do math because they see it is functional, necessary, interesting.

So.

I am planning a new feature on this blog.  You will see a new tab at the top of the blog: "This is Math? "  Each Thursday (well, most Thursdays, I hope) I will post activities for late in the school week.  They will consist of a list of 9 activities.  In a Tic-Tac-Toe board.  Your students, if you should chose to participate, choose 3 of the items from the board in order to form a Tic-Tac-Toe.  If you have younger children, you might choose fewer.  You will notice that the activities go from somewhat simple to more complex as you move down the chart.

The activities this week will require a bag of Fun-Size M&M's.



Watch this blog for details on Thursday!!
CathyH

No comments:

Post a Comment